Monday, March 5, 2018

A Bird, a Basket, and a Squirrel...

Today was a rather gloomy day, but inside my studio has been bright and cheerful! I have been stitching all evening, working on another new design/model for Just CrossStitch Magazine (for an autumn issue). I also was blessed to spend my afternoon with some wonderful, colorful fabrics, as I cut and prepared another 45 zippered project bags for sewing. Orders have been coming in steadily and I am grateful for more happy time in my studio....just wait until to you see the all the special needlework finishing I have been working on for my clients...some absolutely gorgeous pieces!!

I have plenty of completed projects to share with you, as time allows - but today I thought I would share some creative eye candy from my recent birthday...I will provide details with the photos, if they are available. 

These top two images are of an incredible mixed media bird - I wish I had more information for you - unfortunately, I do not have the artists name (if you know, please do drop me a note!)...but it really is spectacular! It was created with all sorts of materials and sits on (what looks to be) a vintage candle holder or stand. It is quite large in size and I had a heck of a time photographing it, so you could see the details....my images don't even come close to doing it justice. I haven't found the perfect home for it just yet - I have been auditioning places...right now it is on a shelf in my sewing room, where it is continually bringing me joy...


How cute is this stitched squirrel?!...and the round, concave tray is to die for...
plus I was given all sorts of little sewing gifts to keep in it...

So first - the basket - it is a Mini Organizer Basket from 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets
https://www.etsy.com/shop/1803ohiofarmbaskets
It is incredible quality, a lovely size, and the PERFECT gift!
The "sew" piece on the front is a needleminder from one of my
favorite artists, Michelle L. Palmer - her pen and ink works are FABULOUS!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MichellePalmer
You also see a scissor fob and three packages of hand-dyed rick rack...

How gorgeous is this framed piece?! - I ♥ it!!
The rick rack spools are from Riley Blake Designs.
 
Quiltfolk magazine - SWOON!
I received a couple back issues and a subscription...if you are not familiar
 with this magazine (each one is like a book and is advertisement free - high
quality paper and cover - no patterns), it celebrates the people and the
stories behind the stitches - it is BEAUTIFUL!
https://www.quiltfolk.com/

Stationery and Sewing Tin Set by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet
You can find it here: https://www.fatquartershop.com/red-stationery-and-sewing-tin

Needle Case Slide Top Tin from Clayworks by Kim Detmers
Yes, the top of this tin is (3D) polymer clay and it is LOVELY!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Claybykim
So those are just a few creative things and artists I wanted to share with you - thank you to my dear friends and family that gifted me these heartfelt presents! Each one brings me joy and inspires me to create...

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts you received for your birthday, Belinda! That needle case slide tin is simply a work of beauty. Thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is beautiful. Love the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You received some pretty awesome gifts!
    Love the Ohio basket.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda: Happy Birthday, you have some wonderful gifts, I totally love that bird, very interesting media, it works well together.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete